ID Help: Mbamba or Mpanga

roskam3001

Hi,

I'm looking for some help to ID these guys. These were sold to a friend of mine as 'yellow tail mbamba'. We assumed therefore that they were Labidochromis sp. 'mbamba'. However, looking through the profiles on cichlid-forum.com, I can see some similarities to Ps elongatus 'mpanga'. Here is a pic of the male and one of my females.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm looking for some help to ID these guys. These were sold to a friend of mine as 'yellow tail mbamba'. We assumed therefore that they were Labidochromis sp. 'mbamba'. However, looking through the profiles on cichlid-forum.com, I can see some similarities to Ps elongatus 'mpanga'. Here is a pic of the male and one of my females.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Looks alot like Mpangas to me mate, mine looked very similar :thumbup:

nice fish as well mate

cheers

witty

From a Breeder of these..................Definately Pseudotropheus Elongatus Mpanga!!!!

First pic is a nice dominant male, second pic looks very much like a female which is ready to breed....belly full of eggs!! She'll probably be holding very soon.

Good Luck.

Sounds like you're in for a lot of baby Mpanga fry soon.

My three females have not stopped breeding....they have about 2-3 weeks rest in between mouthfulls. Once they start, they just don't stop.

You'll enjoy every minute as it's such a great learning experience.

Archived