Peacock Gudgeons

limegirl

I finally tracked down some Peacock Gudgeons - I have kept and bred them in the past and think they are the most wonderful little fish!

And after three weeks the big male has a lovely patch of eggs!

They are in a community tank with spotted blue eyes and albino bns, so it is unlikely the fry will survive. As they have laid on the glass I cannot remove the eggs either, but there will always be a next time!

• 9 months later...

I finally tracked down some Peacock Gudgeons - I have kept and bred them in the past and think they are the most wonderful little fish!

And after three weeks the big male has a lovely patch of eggs!

They are in a community tank with spotted blue eyes and albino bns, so it is unlikely the fry will survive. As they have laid on the glass I cannot remove the eggs either, but there will always be a next time!

How's ur Gudgeons going

Wow - It has been a while since I posted that!!!

Eggs on the glass were eaten ... consistantly.

Male has, for months, been camped down the back amongst some driftwood, only venturing out for food. I am sure he and his bevie of beautiful females are producing clutch after clutch of eggs, but I am not doing anything about it at this stage. They are in a densley planted but well populated community tank, so I suppose there is a chance there are some survivors lurking around.

I have bred them in the past, year and years ago, and I know how tiny and slow growing the fry are, so it will be a lovely suprise if I ever have one pop out into the open!

Archived