Amphilophus robertsoni

MelbBill

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience keeping/breeding these fish (emerald green cichlid) and if so could they tell me their joys, trials and tribulations

Many thanks

i picked up a couple of these guys a few months back, they have been in my 8 x 18 x 18 tank with a heap of small tetras, rainbows, and small american cichlids, and a few discus. i was concern putting them in there but the have not even showen signs of aggresion to any toher fish apart from each other one is getting around the 8cm mark, i'am not to sure about the breeding however i saw them once acting like they were going to spawn so hopfully a pair, mine cost me around $50 each at about 3cm

i have 6, ranging from 4-7cm. they are in a 6ft tank with several differant geos, and they are fairly well behaved......they dont seem to bother the geos (the geos are a bit bigger than them)....they chase each other around a bit....they eat well, and are growing very fast. i got mine through Bay-fish. i paid about $30.

they are getting some good colours.....sorry i cant elaberate on that,but thats my experiance with em...i really like em

i have 6, ranging from 4-7cm. they are in a 6ft tank with several differant geos, and they are fairly well behaved......they dont seem to bother the geos (the geos are a bit bigger than them)....they chase each other around a bit....they eat well, and are growing very fast. i got mine through Bay-fish. i paid about $30.

they are getting some good colours.....sorry i cant elaberate on that,but thats my experiance with em...i really like em

Just a query, how do you buy from Bay Fish? On their website they say they do not sell to the public.

Just a query, how do you buy from Bay Fish? On their website they say they do not sell to the public.

my mate has a shop and he ordered them for me....ask your lfs and see what they can do for you :thumb

as fishguts said. build a good relationship with your LFS and they will help you out.

i used to work in a shop and there so so so so many different types of fish avialble its crazy.

on the bay fish website you will never see there full range. they only put a portion of the fish up because the numbers and frequency of some species they get is so inconsistant.

my LFS copies the avalibilty list and blacks out the cost price of the fish for me to look at. most of the cichlids are at crazy retail prices but if you really really want something you will pay for it, and if you have a good relationship they should give it to you at a better price :thumbup:

you get what you pay for i guess

LuNGz

Archived