weird things growing on my tank glass

mcsx

hey everyone i seem to have a problem with an infestation of these little critters

i have no idea what they are but some infromation is:

they appear to be solid when i touch them

they grip quite hard on whatever they are on

i have no idea what they are but they are annoying the heck out of me cos i cant get

rid of them :)

so help would be awesome

here is a picture

IPB Image

thanks Mark~

ive already done this! but all it does is push them around they dont unattach at all and even if they do they are back on the glass within no time at all

so that doesnt seem to work :/

nah i dont wanna stick clownies in cos its a tanganyikan tank i dont care

about them that much cos im upgrading to the new tank in a while i

just dont want these guys ending up in that tank either cos its much larger

and would be a much bigger effort

I just get them out by running my finger up the tank to the lip. Looks like they are under a silicon lip though ...Turning off any air stones pushes them to the top, as well.

Chuck some defrosted peas in a small soft drink bottle, if your fish can't fit in one, and just pull it out occasionally and rinse with boiling water.

You can use a thin syphon to suck them off the glass - you will need to push em around until they let go, though.

no plants, ive got crushed coral? dont see how they could come from that, rocks are made by myself out of concrete/sand product heater bought new

filter bought new.. lol

Snail eggs probably wouldn't survive in tap water as it's chlorinated and treated before it gets to our taps.

That's why we use products like "Prime" to help "neutralise" our water before we add it to our fishtanks.

If you have had no other sources added to your tank then they arrived via "bagged" water as Ash mentioned.

Good luck with the bug hunt.

KimO.

iv heard sum storys down at work that many people put a small peice of copper pipe in the tank and the small levels of coppr kill the snails with out killing your fish. and lately more people hav said it works a treat.

Archived