Non-pleco New World Catfish

Ash

Hey peeps,

I've setup my display 4x2 with lots of woodwork, currently houses a pair of synspilums (M25cm, F15cm), 3x ~12cm hoplos, 3x 8-12cm pictus and a 25cm sailfin gibby.

What other non-pleco catfish can I add?

I'm planning on adding some spare albino & common BN so plecs are covered - I'm more thinking piscavore type stuff like the pictus, but different, to clean up excess cichlid fry.

after stuff with an adult size 15-25cm - interesting looking or behaviour a plus.

Suggestions?

Cheers

Ash

If you were really keen on spending a little bit then maybe consider a Platydoras costatus (Striped Raphael Catfish). Would be an expensive addition but it covers all of your needs.

Agree with Cuong, Raphael cats are the bomb ;) And these days they aren't too expensive.

I saw them for sale a couple of times within the last two months but the sellers' names have crossed my mind :confused: If I happen to remember I'll send you a PM :)

Don't worry too much about looking up sellers names, geography makes it a little hard so I'd likely order through a trusted LFS up here

Catfish are to go in the tank in the last few shots of this thread BTW

I found out Raphel cats would be about $75 locally, but I'd really love a Pimelodus ornatus - pity about the price being a little too high, need to grow up some yellows & BN for store credit me thinks :lol2:

Archived