Cyathapharynx Furcifer 'ruziba'

Mbuna

Hey mate,

Nice pics and fish! :thumb

Just wondering what size they are?

I have just bought some of these around ~10-12cm. None have coloured yet. But cant wait till they look like that!

What size tank are they in?

Also, do you know if there is anyway of sexing these?

Thanks

Joel

Hi mate awesome I have some some which the males have an awesome colour already Mine are 12cm they are great fish to keep.

I am after some more but was wondering if anyone Know where I could get some I am in Melb (want about 12 - 15).

Nice Ruzibas Harry !!!

hi guys, thanks for the comments :) My ruzibas are about at the 10-12cm mark like yours and are in a 4'x18"x18" on their own at the moment. There are 2 males and 5 females. They will be going into a 6x2x2 with some cyps and some other sand dwellers soonish. Sexing was quite easy after the 8cm mark. males would have slight blue/green speckling and slightly longer pelvics with black edging.

Joel, your fish should be coloured or starting to at that size. My guess is either they are females or just havent settled in properly. i have found patience is the key when keeping this species :thumb

Here are some more shots - not the best but give you a bit better idea on colouring.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

dont be afraid to show some pics guys ;)

cheers

Harry

Here are a few pictures of my ruziba.

When photographing I find that the black background helps and I always try to take a shot at an angle to the glass to accentuate the colours of the fish.

The fish in these photos died after a blackout but I have some fry that are nearly fuull sized and colouring up well.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

hi guys, thanks for the comments :) My ruzibas are about at the 10-12cm mark like yours and are in a 4'x18"x18" on their own at the moment. There are 2 males and 5 females. They will be going into a 6x2x2 with some cyps and some other sand dwellers soonish. Sexing was quite easy after the 8cm mark. males would have slight blue/green speckling and slightly longer pelvics with black edging.

Joel, your fish should be coloured or starting to at that size. My guess is either they are females or just havent settled in properly. i have found patience is the key when keeping this species :thumb

Here are some more shots - not the best but give you a bit better idea on colouring.

cheers

Harry

Hey Harry,

Thanks for that.

Have only had mine around a week now so as you said they might not have settled in just yet. None are showing any hint of colour at all, which makes me think that they are all females :dntknw: Not worried though. All that means is I have to source a good quality male and i'll end up with an instant colony! :thumbup:

PS Were you living in Hornsby/Asquith ~3-4 years ago? I think I bought some of my first cichlids off you. (M. interruptus as fry) :yes: They are breeding well!

Foai,

Nice looking fish :thumb How long have you had them?

Anyone had any luck breeding theirs?

Cheers

Joel

hi joel, yeh mate that was me, good old interruptus hey :thumbup: have you still got them? They are one fish i have nearly always had in one of my tanks - very underated :wub

cheers

Harry

hi joel, yeh mate that was me, good old interruptus hey :thumbup: have you still got them? They are one fish i have nearly always had in one of my tanks - very underated :wub

cheers

Harry

Yeah mate,

All but a few of the originals who were unfortunatley victims of violent males :cryblow:

I am almost overrun with fry at the moment. Got to sell some soon I guess.

Definateley one of my favourites. :thumb

Cheers

Joel

Archived