what species to graft to driftwood?

couchy

Just grafted my first anubius plant to a piece of driftwood in my bristlenose tank. The tank has a lot of driftwood and a very large piece across the whole tank (4foot). The tank water is dark from the drift wood so need plants that can take those conditions.

What sort of plants have roots that will attach to drift wood?

Can you buy plants from nurseries that can be planted in aquariums? excuse me if thats a stupid question :dntknw:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers Couchy :thumbup:

Mate, you can attach Anubias , crypts , stick swords in crevices also. As for the tannins ( dark water ) you can use a product to remove the discolouration but I can't think of the name right now :confused::blink

If you go to a good fish shop they will spin the name off straight away as they all use it in display tanks with driftwood .

All the best.

And no you can't get these aquatic plants from nurseries , PM me and I'll give you the name of my supplier ;)

hi is the stuff your after purigen out of africa?

Im pretty sure purigen is an anti algal that kills cyanobacteria, tannin is a stain so not sure how this would work?. I've worked in quite a few aquariums and we have always just used wood that has been pre-soaked or boiled to get rid of tannin.

As for the origional Q: also try java fern/moss as a base cover... looks quite good :)

u can rejuvenate purigen by soaking it in bleach . so u can just keep reusing it to. this should take some of the tannins out but frequent water changes will assist in keeping on top of the tannins leaching into the water along with the purigen.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived