Freshwater shrimp

Dreamwater

Does anyone keep freshwater shrimp in their tanks? The small clear variety called Paratya australiensis.

I know they are a great food source for fish and great bass bait lol, but has anyone kept enough in their tank to actually have them survive? I have been thinking of adding some to my tank, I know they will more than likely end up as a food source but would like to hopefully keep enough alive to be beneficial cleaners....

Cheers

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

one other thing came to mind to i was at kingsford way the other month and went past an aquarium there pm me for the name as the sponsers might get the craPs but they had some rare shrimps breeding there in a small tank with ada soil co2plants galore etc etc might wanna give them a ring.

• 1 month later...

If you do add some shrimp add them to the tank when it is night and the lights are off(if with other fish). It will give them a much beter chance in your tank...

I love the shrimp, but they never last long in my tanks - either the turtle, the cichlids or rainbows eat them, depending on the tank. In my tetra tank ... well, I've seen them eating my neons, so they're not allowed to be in my small fish tanks now.

Archived