Recent pics of my fish

Matty

Heheh!!!! Super great pics matty!!!!

The first 2 are rippers!! The others are a lil dark for my liking..

Someone didnt tell me to get the battery for the ST-E2!!!!!

Now I cant shoot any tll tomorrow!!!!

Btw how much do those batterys cost roughly. 2CR5.. Here I was thinking I was gunna put a couple of double A's into it.. :cryblow:

I take my hat off to you guys! the pics I've seen on this forum are nothing short of amazing. the patience and dedication required must be phenominal! the best I do is a blurr on my phone camera! pathetic! how much have you spent all up on your equipment?

3rd Pic looks to be a pseudotropheus of some kind. I can't quite pick it with the black surrounding it. I think it's making the photo more dark then it actually is.

4th Pic has HITH. Has some orange spots too. HITH is very common in oscars, and I think that's what your 4th pic may be.

Are we looking at the same fish or am I going out of my head? the fish in the 3rd and 4th pics is the same fish isn't it? but can't tell from the darkness of the photo, the colouring of the face however could be a juvenile zebra long pelvic. although im pretty sure you would know if you had bought one of these????

4th Pic has HITH. Has some orange spots too. HITH is very common in oscars, and I think that's what your 4th pic may be.

I think the Hole in the head you are referring to is actually the fishes sensory pits

You might be right. But here. Have a look:

http://www.flippersandfins.net/HITHarticle2.htm

Thye many even be the same fish. It's hard to tell when fish is the plural of fish. So you can't tell if he's asking for an ID on fish(plural) or a fish.

:confused:

It's the same fish and nope it's not hole in the head. Sensory pits are symmetrical when viewing anteriorly.

The first couple of shots are great Matty. If I was going to be super picky, I'd say you could avoid some of the hotspots and that moody gradient lighting (ie bright on the dorsal and darker on the ventral, although it looks good in some shots) by positioning the flash a little more forward between you and the fish.

Thanks obsessed. All you do is quote everything I say and put some stupid emoticon on it.

Sorry for trying eh?

I think your right Cuong. I don't often observe fish from that view.

There's this thing though called light constantsy, where the colour around something actually changes what we percieve to be the colour of the thing we're looking at. The black background just made it alot harder for these fish to be identified. Thus pictures 3 and 4 look different to me.

Anyway, I said that the fish in picture 3 looked like a pseudotropheus, but I don't think it's a zebra long pelvic. It doesn't have that blueish' tinge that ZLP's do and it's a lot darker then them too. (possible as a result of the black background)

Btw how much do those batterys cost roughly. 2CR5.. Here I was thinking I was gunna put a couple of double A's into it.. :cryblow:

Buy them off ebay, works out to be around $6-7ea instead of the $12-20ea that some stores sell them for.

Buy them off ebay, works out to be around $6-7ea instead of the $12-20ea that some stores sell them for.

Nup,Need it today so I can shoot. Not gunna wait for a week from ebay haha. :yes:

Oh, by the way Lepperfish, you need a 2CR5. :p Am I too late?? :lol2: I forgot to mention it because I had a spare one lying around when I first got the ST-E2.

serkan, it's not an oscar - I think I'll just leave it at that <_<

Everyone else, Thanks for the comments - I know that pics 3 and 4 are a bit dark, but I thought the perspective of the fish was quite unique in each photo, ie. the head on shot and I've never managed to capture a fish in mid-yawn before. :thumbup:

Schmuck, I know what you mean by positioning the light over the fish better, but when taking these pics, it's just hit and hope that the fish is directly under the light (which is sitting stationary over the tank) :B

3rd Pic looks to be a pseudotropheus of some kind. I can't quite pick it with the black surrounding it. I think it's making the photo more dark then it actually is.

Not being a smart a/ss here serious question for you Serkan.

what did happen to that other forum you talked about did you drive them all insane too :lol5:

Obsessed love the way you handle certain people can I use it too :thumb

thx

Rat

Archived