Yellow A. calvus/gold compressicep

YeW

Guest big bad burundi

Since we are posting pics maybe should post a picture of same fish that has been fed and looked after correctly guys.

Just a thought all look the same and so were the comps all good also.

101817770icnGMQ_th.jpg

ok ... would just like to say the breeder for these live in qld

and the reson the jaw is stretched like that would be because you are feeding them color bits which most people would no is in pellit form and feeding young calvus fry pellits or hard food is ver very bad .. due to the fact that there jaws are under developed at the stage they r now (its kinda like a new born babys head)

now when u bougth these fish he was advised to feed them brine shrimp and crushed flake

this is not a deformity regarding bloodline but it is just due to the fact that the food was too tuff for there mouths to chew on

i mean you wouldnt feed a 2 week old baby weet bix would you

james

gold coast. southport

raven_46_@hotmail.com

i have heared from some people out of this country that this should grow out when they get biger ... try catching one and seeing if u can push it back into place

just a thought

james

off forum discussion

but yeah

james

gold coast, southport

raven_46_@hotmail.com

not my fish, only Rich, I am just trying to help him out cos he is a mate and I had seen this pic so I posted it. its EXACTLY what his look like

but it sounds to me like food may have been the issue, based on what Rich has told me

I think food could be the issue too.

It is my understanding that the supplier of these fish sold them when they were extremely small. So maybe feeding them colour bits isn't a very good idea due to the size of colour bits and the size of the calvus's mouth.

Guest big bad burundi

I have been feeding mine osi premium cichlid pellets medium,mind you they have been milled in a pepper grinder to suit the small fry.:D

Hi,

I purchased some yellow calvus recently and they seem to be going very well. There are no jaw problems at all and they are growing fast and are very healthly. I am feeding them crushed flake and brine shrimp. Fingers crossed

Grant

Hey guys,

Ok to inform everyone, i have been feeding thme GRINDED colorbits, why would i feed them the large ones? I also feed them frozen hikari brine shrimp and chopped black worms.

and Confort, i have never talked to you before let alone outside of this forum unlesss you are aka sooty.

Ok it may be just my batch but ill see how it goes for now.

cheers

Richard

remeber the other forum that this topic was posted on

well then if u read that u will understand where i got out side of this forum from

and if u like i will give u the contact number of the breeder who you got these from

not sooty but the actual breeder

send me an e-mail and ill give it to ya

james

gold coast, southport

raven_46_@hotmail.com

Hey guys,

Ok to inform everyone, i have been feeding thme GRINDED colorbits, why would i feed them the large ones? I also feed them frozen hikari brine shrimp and chopped black worms.

This is pretty much what i feed my 3cm gold comps, with no problems at all.

Lata

Matt

Archived