alto comps

duboisi

These guys are carnies out in the lake so make sure you give them a high protein diet in the tanks. Lots of frozen brine shrimp and NLS cichlid formula should get them growing next to no time.

HTH

Richard

NLS Grow depending on size and then NLS cichlid formula (1mm).

I feed mine soley on NLS.

sometimes then get some baby brine if i have excess from a hatch, but that would be less than once a month.

no one mentioned frozen blood worms arent these supposed to be full of protein.i use nls thera a on all my other fish so i will give that a go.

Perhaps live blood worms do (not sure though) but frozen ones have less than 5% nutrional value!! :shock: Their bodies are also covered in spikes and they get caught in the intestines either ripping them or clogging them up! This info was presented by a vet here in Melb called Dr Jim Greenwood. Was done at an EDAS meeting

also, did you buy your fish as 'Fire Fins' or Alto 'Kigoma'?

Cheers

no one mentioned frozen blood worms arent these supposed to be full of protein.i use nls thera a on all my other fish so i will give that a go.

Perhaps live blood worms do (not sure though) but frozen ones have less than 5% nutrional value!! :shock: Their bodies are also covered in spikes and they get caught in the intestines either ripping them or clogging them up! This info was presented by a vet here in Melb called Dr Jim Greenwood. Was done at an EDAS meeting

also, did you buy your fish as 'Fire Fins' or Alto 'Kigoma'?

Cheers

thats a tricky one a mate of mine got them for me when he went to sydney.he told me they were firefins is there a difference

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: I'm after some fire fin comps, have tried many times to get into the buy sell section but when I try to post something it won't allow me. It seems to allow me to do it here though. I've emailed admin 4 times but keep getting sent back a blank email :dntknw: Can anyone out there help steer me in the right direction on how to post something on the buy/sell section or if anyone knows how I can get some of these fish :thumb Thanks

Archived