quick question - cotton wool type fuzz on wounds

Ash

Is this fungus or bacterial?

I've been treating the tank with alternafix, salt & pimafix, no go. stepped up to Myaxin, still no go.

Should I take the fish out of the tank & clean this fuzz off by hand & maybe apply alternafix directly to the wounds? Worried about this being too stressfull but what I'm doing doesn't seem to be working so....

RD bashed by a larger RD for reference, few scales missing initially & fuzz developed in hospital tank even with treating it with alternafix, salt & pimafix as a precaution.

stuff it, I'll just dip him

edit: Dip complete, part of his tail fell off! poor bugger, luckily so did heaps of the fuzz.

he's still hanging in there, what a trooper

I had something similar on some corydoras a long while back. I tried treating with multicure, melafix with no affect. Unfortunately I ended up loosing them.

Personally I reckon it is bacterial, cause it did not respond to fungacides.

Ash, I Hope the RD pulls through.

Rob

the affected parts of his skin & fins are falling off! but he's actually stronger & much more active - salt dips can do anything it seems.

Still treating with Myaxin or however you spell it, so it could be a combination?

the fuzz has greatly lessened from the dips so it looks like the salt/myaxin in the hospital tank is stopping it from getting worse but the more agressive dips are making the biggest dent into the infection.

you can buy a salt dip? :dntknw:

Saxa sea salt, 1/2 bucket of water & a good handful of salt, rough enough good enough.

There's a bit of a guide about 1/2 way down this page

he was more active & much cleaner tonight, looks like he's saved but not out of the woods yet :)

you can buy a salt dip? :dntknw:

Saxa sea salt, 1/2 bucket of water & a good handful of salt, rough enough good enough.

There's a bit of a guide about 1/2 way down this page

he was more active & much cleaner tonight, looks like he's saved but not out of the woods yet :)

Just one thing to make sure of (and it is also in Ash's link) make it is not iodised salt which contains iodine.

Archived