"pseudotropheus interruptus"

Jack

I bought 4 today at my lfs,1m/3f. I'm fairly sure thats what they are. only found one reference on the net about them, it was a French site. The picture looked the same. Not sure if it is psuedotropheus or Melanochromis though blush.gif

Hi Jack -

The link above will provide the info you need.

My two points would be make sure your water is hard (ie: you put some shell grit or coral sand in the tank)... and make sure you have lots of hiding places!!! The males can be mean!!

These are great fish. They are very easy to breed, not so easy to keep though.

I started out with 1 male and 3 females too (a bad ratio I think) and these were the first fish of mine to have fry. In fact they breed like rabbits, but the big down side is that the males get very aggressive when they want to breed. If the female is not ready then it is likely to get killed. Needless to say after 6 months I was left with just the male and lots of juveniles. sad.gif

If you can, try to get some more females.

BTW what size tank are you keeping them in?

Tank size is 60"x18"x18". I had already put 3 female blue dolphins, waiting on friend to get me a male, and 3 Venustus in there. The tank has plenty of rock and some drift wood. The male interruptus has already taken the best pile of rock from the venustus. I wanted to put more fish in aswell, e yellows,small colony2m4f and nagara peacock 1m 2f.

The water checks out ok, had it tested todaay at lfs.

What should i feed interruptus?

Archived