Dwarf cichlids

MelbBill

Hi

Havent been on the forums for quite a while - wondering what is new in Apistos and Kribs? I believe that there are a couple of new varieties of kribs around. Anyone seen them?

Bill

PS: For people who think every user is me, it really is me.

I got a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus "lobe" by mistake...I had asked for "keinke"

but I'm Happy

Very nice fish...male has no spots on his tail but yellow body and a lot of red in the fins,Female has a lot of yellow on her.

I will try and take some photo's tonight.

Hi

Havent been on the forums for quite a while - wondering what is new in Apistos and Kribs? I believe that there are a couple of new varieties of kribs around. Anyone seen them?

Bill

PS: For people who think every user is me, it really is me.

Hey Bill - welcome back.

Heard ALR was in Sydney last weekend, any chance of getting some angels back?

New apistos are popping up everywhere during the last 10 months. I've been through baenschi, trifasciata, sp. Rio Mamore, elizabethae, macmasteri, agassizi Tefe, gephyra, iniridae, eremnophyge, etc. Other SA dwarf that includes apistogrammoides pulcapaensis, taeniacara candidi.

There are several new pelvichromis species going around as well, can't remember what they are but some are really nice.

Thomas.

Thanks Robdog

Water parameters....

Aged (7days) Brisbane tap water....20% weekly water change.

I've not had a lot of success with P. taeniatus....

I've had nigerian reds,moliwe and dehane which I kept in 50/50 tap water and rainwater (soft acid) and had most die with bacterial infections with no spawnings.

so I'm trying these in straight tap water....medium hardness and slightly alkaline.

I've also opted not to have substrate...so I can clean up uneaten food very quickly and throughly....with some driftwood a small clay pot and floating plants....water sprite,java moss and java fern.

So far they don't seem to mind...eating well and the male is constantly displaying to the female....and my fingers are crossed!

Archived