Peppermint Tank

ZebraCat

I recently bought a Jebo 380 (35litres) and have put in there 1 male/female peppermint in hope that they will breed. The fish are a little over 2 years old and were originally in a 2 footer with 4 other peps. I recently found that eggs kept getting kicked out so thats why i am trying to split them up. Wondering if this new tank will be big enough for them to breed in? no substrate, a piece of drfitwood and a small terracotta pot with a small entrance is all that is in there.

the tank looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SALE-JEBO-R338-FISH...1QQcmdZViewItem

Personally, I think you've done the right thing by giving the male and female thier own tank. I find that when there are more than one male in a tank, it causes stress to all and the males will be so busy competing, they are not concentrating on the breeding. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys, will leave it as it is and see how they go. I have 3 males and 3 females at the moment.

2 fish in the jebo and 4 in the 2 footer. i am concentrating my efforts on the 2 footer thats prob a better set, i just wanted to downsize the colony a little but hence the jebo.

Archived