3cm marble b/n with a round ball stomach

Sarah

i have a small tank with 6 marble b/n and 3 corydoras juli, and im concerned as i have just noticed one of the newly purchased marble b/n has a round stomach almost like a ball not quite, but it seems extended, now i have limesand in the tank which im regretting and thinking of taking out

cheers

Sarah

First, why do you regret the limesand?

If you can observe the marble bn when it gets up on the glass, take a look to make sure that there is no strange movement in its abdominal area. I received some bns from an LFS (stupid me) that had a similar visible symptom (belly like a ball) and it turned out to be an intestinal parasite infestation - visible movement of the worms/organisms. Easily treated in tank with half-decent meds.

HTH.

Cheers - OziOscar.

thanks i will observe him tomorrow, only regret the limesand as i bought the marbles on the weekend from a private party , bought two from a store and then added 4 cories yesterday one has died since , found it this morning and i think perhaps the lime just buffered the water too much,

cheers

its gone Ash, but its stomach felt quishy,

but its the least of my worries now my other tank which holds all my catfish that i have spent the last 2 years growing up have ick :cryblow: , fished out 2 peppermint females already and i think i will have more casualities, have treated with ickonex the old bottle and 2nd treatment 3 days later with the new updated ickonex which seems to differ with the ingredients and doseage, ive also added a cup of salt as of yesterday which i was advised to do, and increase the temp and keep the tank covered, ive never in all my years of keeping fish which is about 7years :lol2: never lost a fish to ick :cryblow: , this week has been a week id rather forget :(

Archived