Jardini

ryan

Hi all,

i have a jardini in a 6ft whos about 42cm and at night he seems to be bashing his head on the rock and on the top of the tank and now has a big white mark on top of its head, plz help i don't want him to die as i have had him for bout 2.5 years now.. :blink:cryblow:

cheers, ryan :dntknw:

Quick reply mate, well whats in there now is a

25cm barra

2 x 15cm king kongs(pair)

6 x 15+cm silver dollars

30+cm salmon tail catfish

2 x 15+cm mono argenteus

40 cm pleco

and soon a giant gourami :lol1:

cheers, ryan

Stupid me - but wtf are "King Kong"? Last time I heard that was a primate and it wasn't so good at breathing underwater. :D

Cheers - OziOscar.

its a "king kong" version of the famous blood parrot ie a hybrid.

Stupid me - but wtf are "King Kong"? Last time I heard that was a primate and it wasn't so good at breathing underwater. :D

Cheers - OziOscar.

ryan: could it be looking for roaches at night?

Hi all, the house has regularly been pest controlled to prevent any pests inside and outside so no i don't think it's looking for roaches :confused:

the big plec occasoinally will dart for the top of the tank for air at times but the jardini is used to it so im not sure of what is making him do this.

cheers, Ryan :thumbup:

Have u spied on him at night to see what's causing him to be spooked?

yeh mate i have and for the past two days he has stopped doing it maybe its having sum issues :lol2:

but i will keep an eye on him.

cheers, ryan :thumbup:

Saratoga will do this.

I have a 60cm+ leichardti that constantly jumped at night.

Make sure you weigh down those lids as they can smash through them.

Mine did it twice. Mine kept doing this so I eventually put him in the outside pond.

I have no idea what caused it..I thought it might have been insects crawling around on the top of the tank at night.

That tank is pretty stocked too...it could be the barra having a go at him...I have a 40cm barra that attacks my cichla at night :angry:

Archived