Tank Stand

gingerbeer

Woo Hoo,

I finally have permission form "she who must be obeyed wub.gif " to create a fish wall.

The general plan as floated to "she who must be obeyed wub.gif " is to replace my two side by side four footers and two footer in the family room, with 4 four footers (two wide, two high) and 2 three footers (two high).

So ... the stands will be in the family room so must not look fugly, must be economic (need money for fish of course).

Looking for suggestions ideas plans details. I am currently thinking timber stands, as timber is kinda cheap to me, but I am looking for the easiest way to do it.

c'mon people, give me your ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

WOW thats a crap load of tanks! if you want really economical stand you could think about milk crates, and add levels to the desired hieght and then place pieces of MDF or something like that on top and then cover it all with fabric or something, sound stingey, but doesnt look as bad as you'd think, thats what im doing with a free 6 footer im getting without a stand. Just an idea lol

Adam

SteveO , you obviously have been patient on

many 'o' shopping spree wink.gif to be allowed such

an eyesore in yer home laugh.gif I do this regularly

and i already got a room sad.gif .. *slaps himself silly *

Anyway get yerself a gal steel rack made so as

you don't have to look back later ... smile.gif ...

Although , i look back each time we shop rolleyes.gif

Andy ...

hi,

I have a fishwall arrangement a bit like this as my tanks are in the family room and I figure a single tank invades the room space as much as a rack of the same length.. so I racked 'em up from floor to ceiling.

user posted image

I used steel for the shelving as it allowed a lower profile than can be achieved with wood and hence allows more cubic centimetres of tank volum per square cm of floor space used (I watched a few Tim the Toolman episodes to get some tips he he)

I've built a number of timber racks. They work OK but they are time consuming to build and paint etc.. There is a lot to said for buying a little welder, a cut off saw and some 50x50x3 steel. When keeping fresh water fish I doubt galvanising is neccessary, just paint it.

Craig.

Archived