Lost my first cichlid

Ash

:cryblow: Big Mr Convict is dead, long live Mr Convict. :cryblow:

It would appear while I was out of town for 9 days for work either my black belt or RD turned on him - his corpse was found under mulm in the back of the blackbelt's cave. :cryblow:

He was about 12cm long & had a big head hump, great colour & great finnage - approx 3.5yrs old & a father to many.

He will be sorely missed.

I lost his brother (my other first cichlid) a few months ago to velvet (bad ulcers after the initial spotty infection finished him off) & a while before that cichlid #3 got crushed by a falling rock (really nice female texas), so all of my original fish are no longer with me. :(

this sucks :(

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

That's to bad. :cryblow:

It makes it worse when they have been around for a while and you have become attached they become just like a dog. Did it have a name? :dntknw:

I remember when my first fish died his name was Jet he was a Black Moor I was upset for days and then I bought Cheeky a Bubble cheeked goldfish in his memory.

Sorry to hear about that loss, dude. It really sucks when your first one goes for an unexpected reason.

Chin up - it means you can acquire some more specimens. :) Remember the Holy Mantra "more fish, more fish, more fish" and hide the bank statements from your partner. ;)

Cheers - OziOscar.

Archived