What should i put in there?

mcloughlin2

I've decided to keep my 4x14x20 tank as it seems no one wants it and i have decided to sell the mbuna in it and go for a tang setup ..

The main purpose would be a breeding tank but it has to look decent at the same time ..

So im thinking a few nice display rocks, a whole bunch of shells (Im looking into getting 72 escargot shells) and some nice plants ie: Amazon swords, anubis

The fish list i was thinking

30x N.multifaciatus

10? x Lamprologus ocellatus

Hows that sound? How many of each fish could i have in there?

I will add some young bristlsenose pairs to control algae aswell ...

ta

L. ocellatus take up a LOT of tank space for their size. The mix you are suggesting in the numbers you are suggesting is likely to end in carnage. There have been some recent threads on ocie aggression - suggest you review them.

Off the top of my head...

Maybe a group of lepto's (Maybe around 10, 5m - 5f?)

Also maybe a rock dwelling fish such as gobie, or a pair of Alto's (comp or calvus). I was going to try the Alto's in my tank to try keep the multie numbers down... they do breed fast and quickly overwhelm a tank!

Good luck with it.

Off the top of my head...

Maybe a group of lepto's (Maybe around 10, 5m - 5f?)

Also maybe a rock dwelling fish such as gobie, or a pair of Alto's (comp or calvus). I was going to try the Alto's in my tank to try keep the multie numbers down... they do breed fast and quickly overwhelm a tank!

Good luck with it.

I will look in the lepto's ...

I would like to have some alto's but as they are egg/fry stealers there a no go ... i want the multi's to be able to breed to a large size colony ... then i'll just sell of the excess ... :dntknw:

Archived