:: New Tank setup

aquartos

Its been a while since i have posted pics here... thought id share some pics of my new tank.

Hope you like...

Week 1

>>Bought some driftwood and .5mm white sand

IPB Image

Week 2

>>Added some Amazon Swords...

IPB Image

Week 3/4

>>Added 20 cardinals, 10 rummynose and some Discus...

>>Got new lights (T5)

IPB Image

My Fav Fish Atm...

>> Red Turq, 14cm, love the pattern on him!

IPB Image

Just ordered some more Discus and looking for some corys...

Cheers,

Shev

Bloody awesome mate! :thumbup: That last discus has really beautiful vibrant colour. The third picture down, what does the writing say? It looks like something from a magazine.

Bruce

Thanks for the comments...

The writing is just dummy design text called lorem ipsum... Thought id frame the pic in a diff way. :)

The red and white discus are infact called "red&whites" LOL They just stay that colour... no baring like turqs.

I hope to get another 5 discus... i'm waiting on 3 blue diamonds and ill be adding 2 more yellow or orange species when i get some $$$...

Im using some JBL fert tabs... the "JBL balls" im starting to get some algea on the sand... prob due to the lights being on for so long! need to get a timer!

Cheers,

Shev

Really beautiful and simple tank Shev. I really like it!

maybe you could get some cories to stir up the sand? But they might stir it up too much , till they uproot your plants.

Also love it how the amazon swords forms an arc. unique!

thats an awesome tank, you must be so proud!!

amazon swords look fantastic! well done with them!

Thanks for the comments everyone...

The sand is .5mm white sand... pure white... unlike pool filter sand which has a slight brown tint.

I got the sand from a place called Amazing Amazon in Glen Waverley in Melbourne..

Cost 24.95 for a 10kg bag.

I have sand in all of my tanks but this .5mm stuff is the best i have come across...

Cheers,

Shev

• 2 weeks later...

Archived