Making my own sump

Tunnel Rat

Did I PM you about that when you first posted it? :dntknw:

I can't remember but as a rule I always google a species name I don't know off the top of my head

I think you did Ash :yes:

This sump is now up and running all is good just cycling the tank now have a nice big king prawn in there.

Waiting for the Ammonia spike then the big Nitrite spike.Then I will get some old media in there.

cya

Rat

Did I PM you about that when you first posted it? :dntknw:

I can't remember but as a rule I always google a species name I don't know off the top of my head

I think you did Ash :yes:

This sump is now up and running all is good just cycling the tank now have a nice big king prawn in there.

Waiting for the Ammonia spike then the big Nitrite spike.Then I will get some old media in there.

cya

Rat

Prawn?? :blink Please explain for the newb?? :B

The prawn is sitting stewing, Rat will be eating it in the next few days. I think it's some sort of delicacy somewhere in the world...

Seriously though, it's something to get the tank cycle going without using fish. There are a number of ways to do it including adding pure ammonia to the tank, I just dump old fish food in there.

The prawn is sitting stewing, Rat will be eating it in the next few days. I think it's some sort of delicacy somewhere in the world...

Seriously though, it's something to get the tank cycle going without using fish. There are a number of ways to do it including adding pure ammonia to the tank, I just dump old fish food in there.

:) Thank you!

i would lift all the filter materials from the bottom of the sump, using a egg crate.

because over time, dirts and slime will build up and restrict the flow of the water

plus it will allow easy cleaning of the sump i.e u just tilt the sump, and all the dirts and slime will fall to one side. then you just suck it out with a hose

Archived