what to do

bretto

Hi all im new to this site so ill try not to waste your time. I have a MJ in a 4 foot tank, he is about 150mm in leagnth and growing quickly should i put him in a bigger tank such as 6*2*2 foot or will he be alright in a 4 foot for now. I am feeding him every day using mollies which i am breeding as feeder fish. Thankyou

Bretto :raisehand:

Mate, Iam also new and i think ull find that people here are very helpfull and friendly. Ask them any questions you might have imo. :8

My 2 cents

Cheers

Sash

Will they take prawns?

re: tank size - upgrade as soon as possible. Alternatively - do plenty of small water changes to keep the level of waste low.

Hi,

Not sure of your mollie breeding setup...I'll like to know about it, but you may find it hard to keep up with your MJ feeding requirements as it grows. If you can get it onto prawn, fish fillets, chicken heart , pellet, supplemented with your mollies, then you might find this a better alternative for the longer term.

I use too feed my sara and other natives those pale white grub looking things that burrow in the ground from my yard, along with the red worms that I'm farming. Pellets and the frozen stuff I mentioned are also fed.

I've read that MJ like full marine when mature, at what size that is I'm not sure...maybe go brackish.

There's a LFS in Gladesvile that has MJ's when in season, usually fed on frozen food or pellets...maybe you can ask him more about keeping them.

Rgds, MAW

Archived