U.V Tube

hilal

My mate purchased a house about a year ago which come with a pond thats about 1500litres and the water in it was crystal clear till about 6 months ago.the pond has heaps of algae and has gone greenish in colour.i told him that either his filter was clogged(which it aint) or he needs a new globe for his U.V sterilser.i was at his place tonight to check it out as he has no idea and found out his globe is no good.i looked for the brand and wattage of the u.v sterilser but it didnt have it on it , all it had was a warning and instructions.its a big grey u.v sterilser thats connected to a 7500l/h pump.the globe measures to be 52cm in length.ill just would like to know if anyone knows where i can purchase u.v globes from(i have it with me) and how many watts it will need to be.i have attached pics to give you an idea of what it looks like.

IPB Image

IPB Image

p.s do we have to empty out and refill the pond once i get him a globe or will the u.v clear it up.

cheers omar

the UV will clear it up but you'd want to know the ratings & stuff first - can you get a happy snap of it, maybe someone will recognise the brand

edit: I obviously meant the whole UV unit too, not just the globe.

does it have a quartz tube that might need replacing too?

the UV will clear it up but you'd want to know the ratings & stuff first - can you get a happy snap of it, maybe someone will recognise the brand

edit: I obviously meant the whole UV unit too, not just the globe.

does it have a quartz tube that might need replacing too?

thanks for the reply ash,if we havent found a globe by sunday ill get pics as thats when ill be their next.ill let you know how we go.

cheers

hey mate spoke to my guy today and he knows the tube just needs to know wattage to sorce 1 for u

let me know

tez

thanks tez

very much appreciated :thumbup: .as soon as he time to find out what they are (as he works late and you need natural light to get a look due to the position of the pump and u.v steriliser) ill let you know.

cheers omar

Archived