E yellows

benson

Hi there, is there a size that electric yellows breed at? Is it the age of the fish that determines there rediness to breed or is it the size of the fish. Also are there any tricks you know of to encourage them to breed?

Thanks

Benson

Hi there, is there a size that electric yellows breed at? Is it the age of the fish that determines there rediness to breed or is it the size of the fish. Also are there any tricks you know of to encourage them to breed?

Thanks

Benson

Good water, good diet, enough room. You can also lower your water level for a few weeks and then top it up with clean cold water which is meant to stimulate breeding behaviour.

I can depend on whether or not they feel safe as well. I had 7 in 6x2x18 with Demasoni and A Baecnshi benga and they did not breed @ 7-9 cms. In fact some of them died for no reason (I think they may have been egg bound) leaving me with 3 males. I have also had them breed and hold @ 4-5cm (approx 6 months old @ a guess) in 2x18x18 (on a big system) because they were in a species only tank.

My colony of 30+ is in currently in a 6x2x18 with the benga's and a few calvus and they are starting to regularly breed. I have been growing up my colony for around 16 months all from fry from 5 sources. But the girls are aound 6-7 cm and their mouthfuls are over 20. Whereas at the smaller size they were holding anywhere 1-10 fry. I have one big rock and no substrate and they are breeding in there.

cheers

rosco

The yellows i have are around the 6-7cm mark but they are in a tank with a rather agressive cobwe (thinks he owns the whole tank) maybe i will remove hime and see how they go! Thanks all for your replys.

Archived