Can I use?

619 Fish GOD

i've no idea. i don't use those products. but i'm sure that all the information you require is in the directions of how to use the product.

this will not be a cure-all forever, you will need to identify the cause to eliminate the problem

good luck

Zac,

If your sister's tank has an Algeal bloom (fine green particales floating in the water) then you may have a phosphate problem. A few years ago (some may remember :lol3: ) That I had a 4'tank that was green but it did not affect the fish. In fact they bred in there for the first time. I tried all kinds of medication and uv sterilisers but in the end none of it worked for long. In the end I bought one of those tank syphons and over the period of 2 weeks I syphoned through a quarter of the substrate at a time and within 3 weeks it was crystal clear again. The water that came out stunk to high heaven (like fish phosphate surprisingly enough:lol3: ) and the box hedge outside grow an inch overnight :lol3: . I should mention that the tank was up and running for over 1 year and it was not planted so the phosphates has nowhere to go

cheers

rosco

Okay,Thanks.

The tank has assorted Livebears and BN in it and is Lighty planted.

It is an Algeal bloom upon closer inspection so Should I just siphon is over a peroid of time and not worry about the Chemicals?

Thanks to both of you,

Zac

It is an Algeal bloom upon closer inspection so Should I just siphon is over a peroid of time and not worry about the Chemicals?

that's the way to do it, leave the chemicals on the shelf.

just bring the water quality up by vaccuming the gravel.

maybe cut down on the food a little, this could be the source of the problem

Archived