Feeding Clown Knife

oracle

What's the best food to feed a small clown knife about 10cm? Fresh prawns, baits and maggots don't seem to work.

The best food to feed is New Life Spectrum Fish foods.

You can read all about it here:

http://www.tqtf.com.au/

You can post a question and find out which is the best formula for your fish here:

http://www.newlife.ipbhost.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

HTH

Waruna :)

go with bloodworms oracle.my wife has two and she fed them bloodworms from the size yours is at now up until about the 13-15cm mark before switching to whitebait that you get from tackle shops.just get a block of bloodworm and put it in a log or somewhere on the bottom where it cant float away or break up and it should come looking for it straight away.ours also dont like to eat with the lights on(which isnt unusual considering thier nocturnal).i dont recommend pellets just for the fact that its going to get big and trying to satisfy a large fish with pellets is a difficult task.they need to many to be full its easier to get them on to whitebait as soon as possible and continue from there.im sure yours will eventually start to take prawns and the like at the size its at now its probably finding it difficult to swallow so therefore avoiding it.hope this helps

jason

I wished the clown knife would eat pellets as I have all versions of NLS pellets at home

he may eat them i dont know ive never tried for the above aforementioned reasons.ive just found that from previouc experience its easier to get them onto an "adult" diet as soon as its conveinient as it saves having problems down the track.i used to feed my p.bass pellets up until the reached the ten inch mark but from there on i fed them fish because i found it took to many pellets to fill them up.

Thanks for the advice. I wished the clown knife would eat pellets as I have all versions of NLS pellets at home. Blood worm it is then.. <_<

Have you tried starving it for a few days?? Then feeding NLS?

Waruna

Thanks for the advice. I wished the clown knife would eat pellets as I have all versions of NLS pellets at home. Blood worm it is then.. <_<

Have you tried starving it for a few days?? Then feeding NLS?

Waruna

Well, unfortunately it's too late as the clown knife is dead. Anyone willing to sell/give me another? I have only had it for a few days. :cryblow:

Archived