help

daisyduck

Hi All,

I'm new to form this is my first time my yellow lab is having babys i have remove her from the other she ok but when she has babys do i leave her there all take her out also does she eat her own thanks shirley smile.gif

Hi All,

I'm new to form this is my first time my yellow lab is having babys i have remove her from the other she ok but when she has babys do i leave her there all take her out also does she eat her own thanks shirley smile.gif

Hi and welcome.

Once she spits her babies out then remove her. She will eat them after she has spat.

You can feed the babes with crushed flake. The same as you feed the mum.

If you have a ry saver its best to keep babies ther and try to feed mum up for a few days b4 you put her back in with the colony.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Electric Yellows are great mothers and will normally happily hold for quiet some time. But I agree as soon as she has spat take her away from the babies so she can put on condition as she will have gone quiet some time without food. If you have a spare tank putting her in there for a weeks and feeding her allows her to put on some condition before being hasseled by the male to mate again. If you don't have a spare it not usually a problem if there is more than one female in the tank.

Electric Yellows are great mothers and will normally happily hold for quiet some time. But I agree as soon as she has spat take her away from the babies so she can put on condition as she will have gone quiet some time without food. If you have a spare tank putting her in there for a weeks and feeding her allows her to put on some condition before being hasseled by the male to mate again. If you don't have a spare it not usually a problem if there is more than one female in the tank.

Hi Harry ,

Thank for that they seem to be leaving her alone i will take her out now i know that thanks shirley

Archived