Breeding Albino BN

Sash

Hi everyone.

I just wanted some peoples opinion on this situation of mine. You see i have been breeding the common BN for about 6 months now n i love it, so does my LFS. Like, i like it so much that i wanted to get another pair and sold some of my other fish so i can "stock" more of these little guys. The thing is, the local LFS owner has a very high demand for BN and i was wondering if people would think investing in Albino BN is a good decision. Because I would love these guys in my tank also but i wouldn't pay so much for them, lol after all i'm only a student. So i was just wondering if you guys think that Albino pay for themselves basically. If not, i'm definitely getting more BN pairs. *stupid addictive hobby*

Oh btw how much would i be paying for a breeding pair of Albino BN or even the common ones and does anyone have any for sale now or in the near future? Wow i just remembered Peppermints!! would Love them too!!

Cheers

Hey sorry guys i posted this in the wrong Sub Forum cryblow.gif ..

Can any moderaters move this or should i re-post this in the Catfish Corner Myslef? confused.gif

Sorry all.

All sorted Sash smile.gif

Hi Sash, Albino bn are a nice and popular fish. The prices have come down in the last 6mths ( due to less demand ). They range in price in difference fish shop from 18 to 50 dollars for a 3 to 4 CM fish. The good thing is that you just have to invest in 1 or 2 females and they'll be able to breed with common bn male. That way they'll have fresh blood. Worth investing. Peppermint are also a good choice too. I hope i have been helpful.

Stallone90 smile.gif

stallone90, i believe that crossing albino BN with normals will only give regular BN ...

That is of course unless the normal carries the albino gene...

Sash, yes and no are they worth it...

Some breeders are letting them go from as little as $10-20 per fish @ 6-8cm...

Depends on whether your in it for the money or just for the fun of breeding them....

If your in it for the money - dont expect to make it from albinos.... wink2.gif

Thanks for the info guys.

I think ill just look for another BN pair instead of Albino. Because i dont really have the motivation to buy Ablbino BN to breed and make money. Also i dont have the time i need to put into it if i want to make money.

I was more hoping that if i did buy a pair that they would pay for themselves lol. So i guess ill still keep an eye out for a cheap pair haha beacuse i really like their look.

What you say is interesting Stallone90 but i have not heard of breeding albinos with normal and getting albino babies. Not to say ur wrong either. interested in other peoplkes views on this....

Cheers

Hey Sash, just out of interest have a look at this thread and the one that it points to for a bit of info regardig albino normal BN crosses.

In order to pay for your breeders, I reckon you cant go past normal BNs. Shops cant get enough of them. Also IMO, albinos wont be in the same boat until they are equivelant price to normals, at which time the final buyers will make choices on preference alone and not price (I think about 50/50, mayby 60/40 in favour of normals).

Good luck with your new hobby, you'll be buying $800 catfish in no time wink2.gifLOL.gif

-Mat-

Thanks for the info guys.. i will probably get another BN pair and might get a few albino babies.. so i can breed and have the albino also lol

cheers smile.gif

Sash

Archived