C. Foai "Sumbu"

Bruce

Hi, I am getting 10 Foai in the next couple of weeks and was just wondering if anyone had some pics of theirs in spawning colours?

Bruce

Here are some of my old sumbu's.

None of the pics do any justice to what he looked like when excited. Much more impressive in the flesh.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Aren't sibwesa a type of foai? Maybe you got in confused with furcifer?

ViS- they look great, especially the black finnage.

Bruce

You still got your Sumbu's ViS? I know how you feel, in one weekend I lost 2 large male Furcifer "Burundi" one female, 2 Cyp "Kitumba", 3 Female Cyp "Black Bee"

Bruce

No I sold my sumbus to get the sibwesa. The guy who bought my sumbus lost them all when the tank broke a few weeks later sad.gif . Ant still has some I believe.

Then I bought 10 sibwesa imports and lost them all within a couple of weeks. Don't know what they do to them to ship them from overseas, but there was no reason they died that I could see. All were perfectly healthy one day, then dead the next (even when they were dead they looked healthy) blink.gifcryblow.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Nigel. There will be no discernible colour at 3cm. Be patient for another 18 months and one of them will become the dominant male and colour up for you.

The females never show any distinctive colouration.

You have to be patient with featherfins, but the rewards are good.

David

Archived