Hoddz's Tanks

Hoddz

Hey all just thought i would share these pics with you as for this is my setups i have here at home..

This is my 6 fter. Containing Afra Cobue,Electric Yellows,Salousi,Orange top Zebras, Bristlenose,Kribensis, Marbled peacocks and red forest Jewels also i am in the process of making a diy foam background for this tank..

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is my wifes 4fter. It contains Mixed tropical but slowly going towards cichlids..Maleri Gold Peacocks,Kribensis,Dwarf Powder blue gouramis, Bristlenoses,Clown loaches, Peppered catfish, platties and guppies, and a silver shark..

user posted image

user posted image

These are my two 2ft tanks The top one contains a Hongi Trio and the bottom one has convict fry, platy fry and bristlenose fry in it..

user posted image

Hongi tank

user posted image

Fry grow out tank.

user posted image

And this last one is my new born fry tank it has in it Electric Yellow fry, Mpanga Fry, and Bristlenose Fry...

user posted image

I hope you like...

Guest j.c fishfan

i have seen these tank in real life and they are really good!!great pics too!

you never told me you were doing a DIY background!

well if u succeed in it well then you have to make me one! tongue.gif

jamie smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Update ....

Hey all had to do the mission last weekend with moving my 6fter and 4ftr and the 2 2fters. Here are some pics of my new setup.

6ft. Red forest Jewels x 2 m & f. Electrice Yellows x 5, 2 M & 3 F. Afra Cobue x 6, 2 x male & 4 females. Salousi x 5, 2 M & 3 F. Zebra X 1 M. Those Johanni thingys whatever they are dntknw.gif x2, 1m & 1f. Kribensis x 5 sex unknown. Yoyo loach x 1 sex ?. Breeding trio of bristlenoses 1m &2f. Electric Blues x 4, 1 M & 3F. 3 OB peacocks sex ?

Alot of fish but most of them are Juviniles and just waiting for them to grow yet then will downsize.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Then my 4fter.

4 Albino Bristlenoses sex ?, Baby Frontosa, 2 X clown Loaches sex ?, Kribensis x 5 sex ? Kadango x 2 1 xm & 1xf. Silver shark x1,powder blue gourami x2 males. Maleri gold peacocks x5 sex ?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

All still young this is mixed grow out tank.

Then have 2 x 2ft tanks still growing fry E.Yellows, Elongatus Mpanga,Bristlenose,platy fry,Convicts

Then the one fter has tumbler with bristle fry electric blue fry only 2 :blush: and platy fry.

Then also picked this up on the weekend so yet to set it up.

user posted image

user posted image

1220L x 470W x 510H. wub.gif:

Hoddz

Hoddz, that 4fter is very crowded! And the water looks really dirty aswell.... dntknw.gif

Are you having problems with the tank? Also the baby frontosa will not do well by himself and in such a small tank and it isnt possible to buy more as you will not be able to fit them in the tank...

Besides that looks like you have some quality yellows and salousi.... cool.gif

Are you looking for advice in regards to making the tanks look good?

If so perhaps you should use white sand in the 6ft? Im not a fan of coloured or big chunky gravel so i use light grey-white sand in my tanks...looks very nice!

And i would get rid of the platies, livebearers and other tropicals....they wont appreciete the africans aggression and wont like the water needed to keep africans happy...

nah the water is good its crystal clear its just the way i took the pictures. The tanks all have juviniles in them at the moment so just waiting for them to grow a bit then be able to sex them then downsize. the Fronny he is going in the big 4 fter by himself and maybe some yellows. I just wanted other peoples advice on the tanks. The platy are the left overs from my wifes tropical setup i cant get rid of them and so they just stay in there till i find somewhere for them. I like my setup but am open to opinions thanks for letting me know your thoughts. thumb.gif

Hoddz

Archived