siliconed in a background

Ash

Hey guys,

Spedward's thread plus my constantly disappearing pictus cats together inspired me to tear down my display tank & glue the universal rocks background in for good.

So now it's done & in the mean time I've got an absurd amount of fish in my other 4x2 & I'm getting impatient about refilling the tank as they are getting a bit agro & I have limited housing available if I need to isolate another fish.

With this non-structural silicone work - how long should I leave it to cure? The week suggested on the tube (Selleys Glass) seems way too long seeing as it's already set in the thinner parts (6 hrs so far).

Bizzarely I can't really smell the silicone so using that as a guide is a bit hard - when I fixed the braces on the other tank it was obvious as (same tube of goo) so I'm a bit confused. huh.gif

Can I just wait 24hrs & flush the tank out tomorrow morning & re-introduce fish tomorrow arvo or do I have to wait till next weekend?

Cheers

Ash

When I got my weirs done I was told to wait 5 days and they are fine. Although one of the egg crates on top fell off I siliconed it back on and 2 days later it was fine.

Bruce

With this non-structural silicone work - how long should I leave it to cure?  The week suggested on the tube (Selleys Glass) seems way too long seeing as it's already set in the thinner parts (6 hrs so far). 

Can I just wait 24hrs & flush the tank out tomorrow morning & re-introduce fish tomorrow arvo or do I have to wait till next weekend?

hi Ash

for non structual applications i only give it 24hrs. even on small tanks and sumps,

so far [ zipit.gif ] so good. 7 days is for maximum strenght

if you can't detect the acidic odour, thumbup.gif

HTH; cheers; C

Thanks Col, that's what I thought but I wanted to hear it from someone else to make sure it wasn't the voices in my head again laugh.gif

Archived