Seachem Matrix

hilal

hi im looking at purchasing the 20l Seachem Matrix container and just would like to know which shop sells them the cheapest as i remember some said they can get for around $200.

cheers omar

hi im looking at purchasing the 20l Seachem Matrix container and just would like to know which shop sells them the cheapest as i remember some said they can get for around $200.

cheers omar

I don't know who would sell it for $200. that is a 30% saving on the wholesale price (including GST).

$200 for a bucket of gravel with holes in it is enough to pay!

i just remember someone saying that they can get it for $200 confused.gif ive seen them advertised for $240 plus freight.ill see how i go with my search.

cheers

Guys,

Just get the chinese stuff.  It is something like 1/5 of the price of Matrix or Ehfisubrat , yet it is just as porous and you dont need to pay for all the 'Seachem marketing'

Whats the Chinese stuff called and who makes it brand ?

I was just about to buy a 2L container for $54.00 for my 3x2x2 =320L water it said it will do 400L.Its to go in the sump it already is full of bio balls and I was going to put this in as extra bio matter should I put more ?

hilal how much water are you going to treat with the 20L container ?

thx

Rat

omar, are you still looking to buy the seachem matrix 20l container?i think a friend might have some left over, im not sure how much there are but if you are interested let me know how much you want and i can find out.

it's worth bearing in mind that a bag of gravel (in most cases) - or better still some large sponges will work just as well.

There seems to be (and this is a pet gripe) some push to have 180 football fields worth of surface area in a filter for a 4' tank. I exaggerate - but the point remains.

A sponge and a bit of knowledge appear to work just as well.

Relatively inert

That worries me wink2.gif

By that I meant it doesn't seem to have any noticable effect on pH, meaning it is suitable for a variety of water conditions. At the end of the day, pretty much anything (non-toxic) in the right amount and with the right maintainence works as filter media - will depend a lot on the tank/filtration setup and budget as to which suits your purpose best.

Archived