Cannister filters?

Hoddz

Hey Peoples i have or had a Fluval 403 cannister powering my tank clean every day but finally it is slowly dieing. It has got to the stage now where it has to be taken apart and cleaned once a week due to a blockage somewhere??? or the impeller is just old i dont know how to tell but after two or three days the water just trickles from the spray bars. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me with this problem or let me know what kind of cannister do i have to buy to replace this one the 403 is 1200 lph. And my tank is 6ft african tank with about 30 fish in it. How many lph can i get away with for this Tank???

Thanks.

hi Hoddz

i'd go for a replacement impeller, and give all the hoses and the impeller housing a good scrub out. that should do the trick. there's not much to go wrong with 403's

i'm not a fan of high turnover canister filters, if this has done the job previously, stick with it. if you want more water movement, use a p/head

HTH, cheers;C

I would love too but its just too old now and starting to die i clean it once a week and the flow is awful... I have been looking at these three products and was wondering if anyone has heard of them or has one???

1..Weipro 2100 External Cannister Filter. 2100lp/h

or

2.. Pro Aqua 1500lp/h

or

3... Tota TEF-828 External Cannister Filter 1500lp/h

Thanks

the 03 series is a pretty good filter, ive got 2 running strong about 7yrs old i think. probably just a small issue like an impeller. have a go at fixing the problem and i bet it will last longer!

I would love too but its just too old now and starting to die i clean it once a week and the flow is awful... I have been looking at these three products and was wondering if anyone has heard of them or has one???

1..Weipro 2100 External Cannister Filter. 2100lp/h

or

2.. Pro Aqua 1500lp/h

or

3...  Tota TEF-828 External Cannister Filter 1500lp/h

Thanks

I would love too but its just too old now and starting to die i clean it once a week and the flow is awful...

i have an ancient 303, i think 'Noah" used it in the ark.

parts are extremely difficult to find, i grab whatever i find. a new impeller and maybe a housing seal is all it takes to restore these old pumps .

[providing you havn't been sand dredging with it shock.gif ]

cheers; C

i looked around for new parts and went round in circles so i bought a new 1500 lph aqua pro and a 700plh powerhead but i dont need the pwoer head cause the new filter is doin a great job atm...

Archived