A rock and a hard place

Hoddz

Hey all,

U all know those decisions we make with plans then sometimes they come crashing down. well i have an instance for you...

I recently purchased two Pseudotropheus sp. mpanga females that were holding with the intention to purchase another 2fter to put them in with the Beautiful male that is at my lfs (the father of their fry). But this is where it all comes crashing down my boss (wifey) has put her foot down :71: full forcedly and wont back down an inch (considering i have allready got 6 tanks running) she wont let me have just that one more :LOL: thats what it has been since the first one :LOL: and now i am stuck cause i dont think i have a tank that i can put them in. Its either sell them two or sell my Hongi trio that own the 2fter and purchase the male and drop him in there with the females.. :04: My hongi is a gorgeous fish but has his own nasty streak thats why he is segregated. and i cant put the females in my 6fter cause of the risk of crossbreeding with either my salousi or my Cobue, and cant buy the other male and put him in the 6fter cause all my other fish in there are sub-adults and the Pseudotropheus sp. mpanga male will smash my Afra Cobue and my male salousi (i think) dont want to risk it. so thats the drill and my wifes 4fter tropical tank (dont worry i thought bout that already too :LOL: ) she has plans to make that a Frontosa Tank. I am spewing and just wanted to share this experience with you.

From personal experiance i would not put any fronts in a standard 4ft..

I reccommend a 5ft tank minimum otherwise they just hide 24/7 and are never happy and show true colours...

Sorry to hear about your tank dilema dude...

It always hurts when you cant go ahead with your plans........ sad.gif

too many nice fish, not enough tanks - I know that problem! sad.gif

I've got my big male RD in a grow out tub & about 10 6-8" CAs stuffed into a 4x2 at the moment - hard choices coming up as the wife has given the same "no new tanks" order

(until I finish my car restoration & build her an outdoor entertainment area, then ubertank happens!)

I live with another unmarried male and everytime we see a new front or something we just get another tank to match. smile.gif Life is good, good luck to you guys. Wait till she is out of the country or away and tear the tanks so doesn't take up anymore room and she may not notice and when she does the anger will be lesser if it didn't bother her for a month while she didn't know it was there. Finally everyone knows ultimatums are so over used and never followed through with.

Phillip

Datto 1200 - sedan unfortunately, wanted a coupe or ute.

it's an auto shell so it'll fit the 5spd for the CA18DET easier. she's almost at the paint stage - Holden VS GTS-R yellow in 2K

back on topic - I handed in two of my excess synspilums today (from the overstocked CA 4x2) sad.gif At least I got decent store credit, being 12-15cm coloured up specimens.

Guest j.c fishfan

i think that he could put small frontosa in a 4ft.

if they arent big well then they arent going to outgrow that tank as they wont have the pressure that they need to grow full size.

jamie smile.gif

i think that he could put small frontosa in a 4ft.

if they arent big well then they arent going to outgrow that tank as they wont have the pressure that they need to grow full size.

jamie :)

that's called stunting the fish & leading it to a premature death dry.gif

4x18x18 minimum for frontys, same as any other potential 30cm+ fish

Archived