L occelatus "Gold"

Rod54

Hi Mick

I would Love a pair/trio of top quality "Gold" occies

Really yellow bodies.....no deformaties!

Some available here(Brisbane) seem to be looking upwards and have a noticable bend between body and head.

Who's got Good ones??

There are some good stocks about. Chilli Powder, Arj, would be a useful contact. I agree with you re: there twisted necks. This is notably worse in N. brevis.

Hi Mick

I would Love a pair/trio of top quality "Gold" occies

Really yellow bodies.....

hi Rod

the body colour you need to look for is that "olde gold" look, with a brown coloured skull cap.

as you're probably aware, the fishs colour can be very mood dependant. showing dark blotches when agitated, but when they're settled the colour is uniform.

another problem i've seen with this speices, they can be somewhat "square' across the mouth. with the new blood thats been available the last couple of years, and some constuctive culling, some of these problems should be solved.

good luck; cheers

Hi rod,

I have a pair of wild caught gold occies who are need of a good home. female is not far of reaching breeding maturity and male displays well. Female shows alot more gold than male but both are well proportioned and would produce good quality offspring.

Hi Brett,

I'm interested...but I'm in Brisbane woot.gif

Any photo's....How much do you want for them?

I've had killifish sent to me from Sydney by post....but don't know how occies would travel? No harm in talking!

Photo of one of my current pairs...Male is not bad but I've seen photos of better females

user posted image

user posted image

Good afternoon,

Thanks to all who send me messages bout my gold occies. am struggling with some major computer issues at present so sorry have not responded to all, will try and post pics when i work out how! alot of interest was shown so i'll just have to go with first in first serve. sorry bout that. but slippery little suckers in kingsford sydney has female wild caughts at the moment which are of excellent quality

Rod your male is very impressive and shows more gold than mine would def recomend you try above store for females

Hi Rod,

Have you seen this topic?

http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=23036

I would certainly ditch the dull female.. yes.gif Looks more like a blue to me. Also, please make sure you see the 'wild caught' fish (photos) before you get them. From personal experience, 'wild caught' does NOT mean quality! blink.gif I ended up with some wild caught gold occies which were worse color that what I had! cryblow.gif

Anyway.. mine are breeding but the male just beat up and killed a female and another lost one of her eyes. I've got fry growing up but most of them are already spoken for sorry.. But I'll endeavour to send some to bris if I can.

Keep in touch.

Cheers

Arj wild caught does not mean that fish will be perfect I would be interested to know if you have breed them and grown the fry and what they turned out like. Or put a wild caught Ocellartus with a tank breed one and see what the fry turned out like. cool.gif

I have seen a lot of wild caught Lake Tang fish over the years and not all of them have been as good as tank breed. I think you are being a bit hard on the poor little things. sad.gif

I think some people expect to much from the fish not all people are perfect so what makes you think fish are. LOL.gif

yeah but when the company website portrays a photo of the fish on offer... you would expect to receive a fish of similar quality when you pay money for them!! yes.gif

Mate... I know the predicament you are in....nothing against you as you could not control the situation. smile.gif

I didn't even bother with the fish Nigel. Got rid of them. Some died and others were culled and fed off! cryblow.gif I did get a batch of fry and they were just the same as the adults. I didn't even bother about breeding some back.. It would take years to produce a perfect strain and even then, there would be some of the crap genetics in them! blink.gif

On a better note.. I have 13 meleagris fry!! Only one female though! shock.gif And they are loving NLS and looking FANTASTIC!! thumbup.gif

On a better note.. I have 13 meleagris fry!! Only one female though!  And they are loving NLS and looking FANTASTIC!!

Well Arj don't let anything happen to them as I am buggered if I can get any more at least not in the forcible future. dntknw.gif

Hi CP

It's hard enough to get shellies let alone good ones!

Each of the fish I posted were bought from different retail stores.

Would you believe I bought the male as a Blue Occy and the female as a Gold!

Must be hard for the retail stores....they just get what the wholesaler gives them....and the wholesaler just gets what they are sent!

I could never have a retail store....I've ordered fish that I've refused to buy once I saw them,but they weren't worried because they said someone will buy them(they were very deformed!)

Given occies are a legal import I'll just keep looking....or I'll wait to you have some to sent North .....Arj !!!

I suppose all your melegris are spoken for?

Thanks....Rod

ps I just looked at the link....mine aren't Gold occies!

I suppose all your melegris are spoken for?

LOL.gif YEAH.. all mine!! I have to get more girls. I think I only have one girl or their setup is not quite right.. but can't figure that out because it has worked for all other occies including my blacks.

I'm a HUGE shellie fan and determined to get some good stock going again. There are fair few good ones floating around here in Melb rolleyes.gif and yeah.. I will be sending some to Mick (rumpig). I just have to make a stronger colony with a backup and the rest is for everyone else to enjoy! thumbup.gif

Archived