Availability of G. geayi

glo

Back in 2003 it was listed as extremely rare in Victoria and believed lost in WA.

But I can honestly say I haven't seen them for many years.

Not so funny is it? When they were plentiful nobody wanted them, now they look like they are gone and we ask where are they.

Who knows maybe someone somewhere is sitting with a tank full wondering what to do with them. smile.gif Or maybe they don't even know what they are.

Cheers,

John.

PS I'm pretty sure the word was that what we had in Australia wasn't actually gaeyi but a close relative. dntknw.gif

That's ashame. I saw them a few years ago and always wanted them - just never had a tank for them. Now I have a tank with a couple of hecklii (and a couple of orange head koi angels) and would've loved to add some geayi. I suppose these cannot be imported into Aus?

Are balzani freely available? If so, I might try and get some of these instead, although I understand they grow quite large. I'm also keen on the red fin / head toncatins? (not sure of spelling) although I have never seen them in real life. They might be more suitable as from what I have read, they are smaller than the balzani and also the red humps, which is another species I like.

Seemed to have disappeared completely. I had a male geayi and a female Krobia itanyi both of which have since died. sad.gif

Had them for a number of years but could never find any of either species. dntknw.gif They don't look dissimilar to Blue acaras when they are small so maybe some might sneak back in. You never know what is around the corner. zipit.gif

Archived