Two pics

Tunnel Rat

Mates fish yes.gif

My first go at taking shots of fish have no transmitter yet so bounced the flush of the ceiling love these fish.He just stuck he's head out a hole in the rock some fresh water Afican thing.

user posted image

check the teeth out

user posted image

C & C welcome

Rat

Great photos Bill, but what is it?

Some sort of Channa sp.?

Nice endi! WOW pics so clear!

I love the 100mm macro it is a very sharp lens comes very close to my 135mm f/2L for less money.

Nice pics, looks like a flat head to me ... hmmm tasteeee flathead!  bigsmile.gif

mind you it looks like it would eat me first!

This is the skull of a Endi nice teeth woot.gif

user posted image

Nice shots! You did well with the lighting.  I'm going to echo the other guys and ask, what is it?

Still have a lot to learn with Aquarium Photography

This was my mates Bichir Polypterus endlicheri endlicheri ( Endi )

He is about 5 1/2" they can reach well over 45cm/18".They are among the most primitive of the ray-finned fishes can be dated back at least 100 million years in the fossil record.

I have not got a full body shot yet waiting for some fins to grow back after a little fight with a ornate Bichir here is a shot from a Japanese web site they love them over there

user posted image

If you would like to see more here is a link

Jap site http://www.geocities.jp/xmfrg478/

Thx for all the comments love criticism too can learn from that.

Full body shots of mature birchirs are fairly difficult without the aid of a few flashes due to their large size. Just something to think about if you're going to shoot them regularly.

Hey

What kind of camera are you using?

Cameron

Hi Cameron I used a Canon 20D + 100mm f2.8 macro + 580ex flash bounced of the ceiling.

Full body shots of mature birchirs are fairly difficult without the aid of a few flashes due to their large size. Just something to think about if you're going to shoot them regularly.

I have no access to large Birchirs (yet) but I can see how a second flash would come in handy for shooting fish.

Thanks for the help thumb.gif

Rat

Archived