Snakeskin Discus

Cuong

Howdy all,

You may or may not recognise these guys from this thread, but these two were originally from that tank. They paired up fairly quickly and every so often tried to spawn amongst the caviar lovers in the tank. Touched by their futile efforts I decided they needed their own space, so that gave me an excuse to setup a couple of 2fters. They lay consistently now, every 2 weeks, but the male isn't doing his part of the equation blush.gif Hopefully he'll learn with time, but for now here's a couple of updated pictures of the couple:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Wow! They are some absolutely amazing looking fish and great photo's aswell. Is the male the more coloured up turqoise one?

Bruce

• 3 months later...

Hey

Well i can just this mate very very very nice discus.Execellent pics to :clap

And i do hope they will have babies for you very soon.When they do love to get some i have a snakeskin but he/she hasnt colour up that great hopefully soon.(still only baby)

Cheers

nerrida

Thanks everyone!

Addicted2cichlids,

They use a DIY spawning tile, however I've taken it out and given them a little break.

Willy Wombat,

Thanks mate! Yeah I've got the 580EX over the top with a DIY flash box, it's almost like a cookie-cutter approach to aquatic photography (emulating most APF members :B).

• 3 months later...

Archived