bristlenoses breed but

duboisi

finally my bristlenoses have lais eggs but they are outside of the males cave.i dont know if he pushed them out or if they were laid there as ive been out all day.he does seem to be fanning the eggs but there is two piles and he can only fan one.what should i do?alos should i leave the female in with him or take her out?

They are just learning. I'd leave them, you may get some fry.

finally my bristlenoses have lais eggs but they are outside of the males cave.i dont know if he pushed them out or if they were laid there as ive been out all day.he does seem to be fanning the eggs but there is two piles and he can only fan one.what should i do?alos should i leave the female in with him or take her out?

If BN eggs are outside the spawning 'cave' there is little chance they will survive and hatch.

Just surf back through the hundreds of BN post on this forum and you will find all the answers.

The eggs are easily hastched artificially, either in a fry saver, veggie strainer, or just a coffee jar with gentle air.

• 3 weeks later...

This is pretty common, my male is still doing it and he has bred a fair few times before, i just leave them and most of them hatch.

Good luck

This is pretty common, my male is still doing it and he has bred a fair few times before, i just leave them and most of them hatch.

He comes from good stock wink2.gif . Seriously that is good to hear that he is still doing his job.

cheers

rosco

He comes from good stock wink2.gif . Seriously that is good to hear that he is still doing his job.

cheers

rosco

What the male you gave me good stock?? LOL.gif Slow and steady wins the race thumbup.gif Seriously tho he has been pretty good, and those fry are starting to get bristles thumbup.gif

Archived