6500K CF bulbs

grungefreek

Hi Guys,

This kinda goes out to all the planted tank people here in newy. I was wondering if there is any where in Newy where they sell 6500K compact flourescents. Bunnings have the 5000K versions, but so far I have been unable to find any 6500K versions. If anyone knows where to get some and an approximate price that would be excellent. Ok thanx Guys

Grungie

Hi Grungie

I don't know where you will find one for sure but try Rovert Lighting. They helped me out with a 5foot tube once. They had to special order it but they were more than happy to help.

Best of luck.

I have some that I bought from the base warehouse in Wallsend, but they didnt last too long over a salt water tank. If you want something with a bit more grunt, you can get 130w and 65w Compact flouros that run off an E40 base for about $65 each, plus a one off payment of about $20 for the E40 base.

Ok so base warehouse in wallsend has some. hmm never heard of the place but i will check it out when i return to newy. Mine will only be over a fresh water tank, so i will see how it goes. Im going to try some 5000K bulbs taht i bought from bunning so i will see how they go.

Grungie

Archived