Feeding Bristlenose

Richard

G'day;

I recently just popped in a pair of my common bristlenose which are about 8-10cm into their own standard 2ft tank. Ive been throwing in 1/4 of a cucumber in every night and they don't seem to finish it throughout the night but manage to finish it in about a day or so, yet during the day i throw in some 1mm NLS cichlid formula pellet and they eat that up in less than 5 minutes. So i was just wondering should i rotate their cucumber feedings and feed some NLS one night and cucumber the next, or give them cucumber aswell as NLS.

Any help will be appreciated.

cheers; Richard

i have 25 in a tank and they get zuccini (microwaved for 20secs) 3 tmes a week the rest of the time they have to earn their living,they eat the zuccini in about an hour but my demasoni get the same and it gets left in for 24 hours with no problems

G'day

Sometimes they prefer their vegies a little on the aged/soft side. Hence why they leave it to ripen a little in the tank. Remember to keep up the filtration and remove any uneaten foods, don't let it go rotten in the tank acouple of days should be okay. But you knew this already I am sure. yes.gif

cya

Archived