My display tank an AR-150

mianos

What do you mean by what am I running on?

The lights, 2 X 70W Metal halides built and mounted by modifying 2 'shoplights' (220 bucks for 2, with controllers, brackets and lamps). I have replaced 6 flouros (6 X 25W = 150W) with 2 metal halides for a similar total of 140W. The MH lights look much brighter, probably because the lights is from a more concentrated source. The globes I got are long life. I got sick of the high priced custom 30 inch flouros the hood needed blowing once every 6 months, going dim after a year and being are a real hassle to get locally at the moment. Problem solved by overkill. smile.gif

Low light plants. No CO2. It does get dosed with trace fertlizer.

The main thing that tank gets is patience. Pick the right plants and wait and wait.

There are lots of fish, probably too many!

2 discus, 2 SAE, 12 rasbora, 1 gibby, 1 choco spot, 5 red tail loaches, 5 chain loaches, 4 clown loaches, 1 botia modesta, 2 L168, 3 yoyo loaches, 1 G. altifrons and 10 bristlenose (I threw the fry from the sump in another tank in last year, 100% survived sad.gif )

I think a lot are hiding from the shock of the new lights. They are out today at feeding time.

With SAE and bristlenose I've never had a problem with algae on anubias in any of my tanks. I have lots of anubias species in all my tanks.

Those lights are normal size nova, they just look small because that hood is 1.5M long. Those transformer/controllers are really large.

Archived