Finally My demasoni held

rosco

Hi all ,

As some of you are aware I have had a rough time trying to get a demasoni colony going. But finally after 5 or 6 false starts I have 2 little fry in a fry saver, woo hoo. thumbup.gif . I am also one of those people who don't stripping fish but this is the first time anyone of the girls have held for longer than a week. I caught her this morning and she spat a little one into the net and I just found a second in the tank. I think there could be one or 2 more in the tank cause they are so good at hiding in a 6x2x18:lol3: . It has been a good friday for me wink2.gifwoot.gif

cheers

rosco

well done rosco, im in the process of building up a colony with 25 fry, the great thing about demasoni is that the fry are truly miniature copies of the parents with barring and everything,even if mine dont breed their still a beatiful display fish worth keeping just for looks,how old are yours and how many in the colony,what size did they breed at, once more congrats! clap.gif

thanks guys, they are pretty cool little fry and so stripey. I hope that I have many little ones to come (another big mouthful on Easter Sunday)

As for my colony if I had of answered that on Friday judging on Size and behaviour I would have said 5 males and 3 females now that one of my males has a massive mouthful (thanks to water change on Friday arvo) I suspect 4 males and 4 females. I also have is a spare, what I suspect to be, male sitting in another tank recovering from an absolute beating. But after he destroyed 4 and injured another electric yellows that I got of Waz he may be heading back into the demon tank angry.gif .

cheers

rosco

not sure you should put him back rosco, demons destroy each other well enough that you will want to save any you can. also, females tend to colour up as well as males, and get close to as big. only certain way to sex them is vent sexing, or if they get a mouthful.

not sure you should put him back rosco, demons destroy each other well enough that you will want to save any you can. also, females tend to colour up as well as males, and get close to as big. only certain way to sex them is vent sexing, or if they get a mouthful.

Yeah I know Gav, I probably won't. Last time I tried to introduce it was torn apart in 15 minutes and hide in between 3 pvc pipes for 3 days before I got hold of it again. But I have threatened him/her with it woot.gif . Actually he/she is the last one left that I got off you at last years auction at the gong. I though that I would keep them sparate and then mix the lines, it didn't work as planned. Are you heading down to the gong this time as I missed you at the March Auction?

cheers

rosco

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update. Last night I caught another expected mum and put her in a fry saver and this morning I found 6-8 fry . thumb.gif . But I lost one of the first ones cryblow.gif . So continues the fish rollercoaster ride. sad.gifsmile.gif

cheers

rosco

Archived