Townsville Reef aquarium

catcher

G'day all,

I've been working in Townsville the last few days and had a few hours to kill before my flight home today. Spent a lazy $21 on entry and was very pleasantly suprised, they have an awesome reef tank as the main attraction. It's one of the best natural layouts I've ever seen.

Oh, just as a side issue, I was looking at the perspex walls on the displays and they are an average 50-70mm thick. I bet the owner of the perspex company that got that contract is still on the beach at that little island he proberly bought with the loose change! wink2.gif

One fish that was really neat was a nocturnal deep water guy they called a "flash light fish" not the technical name, but it has luminous fake eyes just below it's real eye that literally looks like someone turned on a greenish torch in the darkness. It's their way of communicating in the dark depths.

Cheers

Glenn

What did you think of the fresh water natives display near the Cafe? It's only really new & almost exactly what I want to build in my backyard

What did you think of the fresh water natives display near the Cafe?  It's only really new & almost exactly what I want to build in my backyard

G'day Ash,

yeah I did look at the display and it was a very nice setup.

Oh Hathoor, I didn't take a camera so even though a pic tells a thousand words you'll have to take my word for it this time. yes.gif

cheers

glenn

If you like I can go take some pics in the next few days, I'm a member & was going again over the long weekend anyway. Dunno if you're allowed to use a flash in the dark room though, can't imagine it would be good for the fish. I can definately get shots of the rest though.

Archived