Eheim Leaking!

MoliroMan

Hi Guys,

I had a frustrating water change this weekend because my Eheim Prof II 2028 was for the first time after 4 years of usage leaking from the outlet pipe connection!!!! The leak will be a constant dripping around the edges of the hose. I do use genuine Eheim hose.

I have never noticed this before and thought maybe it was due to the tubing getting worn and old. But even after replacing the tubing with some new stuff the same problem occurred. I did not notice any cracks or scratches on the connector.

I tried using some hose tightening screw thingy but it only made the situation worse!

I've never expected this problem to occur with the Rolls Royce of filters!

Has anyone encountered this before? Any solutions?

Ps. Maybe i should get another Fluval Fx5 or a Eheim Prof III?

thx

Dave

spray bar side is leaking!!!

i didn't know there was a threaded side in the Prof II?

Anyway the outlet has completely snapped off and i will need to buy a new unit all together. So much for Eheim reliability and durability! dry.gif

Dave i had the same problem with the same filter, i found a crack on the fitting were the hose fits on,its a weak point on these filters

I took it off and used the 5 minute drying Araldite on the crack

Have a close look for cracks on the fittings

your right Jim, there is a crack at the hose fitting!!! I can't believe it happened to two of my Prof II!!!! One actually snapped off with the hose!

Cost me $60 to replace!

Would have thought Eheim would have made better quality fittings.

i didn't know there was a threaded side in the Prof II?

I was guessing, I don't own any eheims (no cannisters at all actually)

was just hoping to maybe make you think of something you might have missed

i think i will need to post a pic of the broken part for u guys to understand.

it is a professional II 2028. It is the adaptor insertion that holds the tubing of the outlet (pressure side) and inlet.

eheim part

It is the join of the outlet side that has broken off!

just a word of warning...don't put too much pressure on the outlet connection on the adaptor otherwise it will eventually weaken the join and result in the leakage and eventual breakage. Also i think my pressure side tubing was too long - about 2m so it carried a lot of weight for a long time!

maybe eheim should go back to the old screw on taps which i have never had a problem with!!!

the worrying thing is that the Prof III has a similar connection!

Archived