Water inside new heater

davez104

Hi all,

Before I start, I would just like to say that this is in no way a complaint against the shop I bought these from. I bought them from Ben at Age of Aquariums and have been very happy with his service so far.

The problem I have is with a ProAqua heater, it is supposed to be fully submersible but an hour or so after putting it in the tank I noticed a small amount of water in the bottom of the heater. I have now got the top of the heater out of the water and it is all working fine, but the water is still there. Do you think this is going to cause any problems down the track? Also has anyone else had this problem with this brand? I have another one here that is unopened and I was going to grab a few more, at 10 bucks I figure you can't go too far wrong.

Thanks.

Dave.

I would call Ben tomorrow.

To me it doesnt sound right, but i have never used pro aqua and it may well be some new fangled heating feature for all i know?

Perhaps best to keep it out of action (if you have a spare heater) or atleast the top of the heater out of the water (if you dont have a spare) until tomorrow. Fish and Voltage dont mix....

I would suggest to you that you ring Ben before you use it. Bens service is great. Good chance he will replace it. Either way, electricity and water dont mix. If that element shorts out, anything could happen. You wouldnt want to send 240 volts through your fish. No way I would be risking it if I were you.

hth,

Jason

hahaha.... dead heat huzzy.....

Do those heaters actually say fully submersible in their documentation? I thought you were meant to keep the plastic end out of the water with 99% of heaters?

Not that I do it, I have a few of those $10 ones laying horizontal in sumps - no problems for over a year. blush.gif

Hi all,

Before I start, I would just like to say that this is in no way a complaint against the shop I bought these from. I bought them from Ben at Age of Aquariums and have been very happy with his service so far.

The problem I have is with a ProAqua heater, it is supposed to be fully submersible but an hour or so after putting it in the tank I noticed a small amount of water in the bottom of the heater. I have now got the top of the heater out of the water and it is all working fine, but the water is still there. Do you think this is going to cause any problems down the track? Also has anyone else had this problem with this brand? I have another one here that is unopened and I was going to grab a few more, at 10 bucks I figure you can't go too far wrong.

Thanks.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Please do not use the heater. Send me a email - sales@aquariumproducts.com.au with your order number/postal details and i will send you out a replacement at no charge. Please dispose of the faulty unit ( cut the cord off ).

Ben thumb.gif

Archived