We dont have tigrinus's do we?

burgoid

ooo i dont know what to feel wink.gif

haha looks like i will be seetting up a tiggy fund tongue.gif

anyone got an idea how much you would expect to pay for a young juvi say around 15cm. possibly smaller if the price was low enough to overcome the risk of losing it.

ooo i dont know what to feel  :wink:

haha looks like i will be seetting up a tiggy fund :tongue:

anyone got an idea how much you would expect to pay for a young juvi say around 15cm. possibly smaller if the price was low enough to overcome the risk of losing it.

$1800+

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
So what has forced prices up? Supply and demand?

There is a small one for sale now out west (canley vale) they wont $2500 for it shock.gif very small only 4"body thumbup.gif

ps you have had some time now to save for the tigrinus fund so go get it already hysterical.gif

Hmmm, I think 'that one' is a jurunse. Very similar, but I prefer tigies.

• 2 weeks later...

Black body = Jurusnse

White body = Tigrinus

Hi All,

I saw the fish a fiew weeks back, it was a darker coloured fish .....the awesome tail tips were what caught my attention....The guy in the shop said it was a false tigrinus=Jurusnse?

Cheers Christian

Hi All,

I saw the fish a fiew weeks back, it was a darker coloured fish .....the awesome tail tips were what caught my attention....The guy in the shop said it was a false tigrinus=Jurusnse?

Cheers Christian

I was there yesterday looked like the owner was there this time YES he said it was a Jurusnse.

You should see how much it has grown in such a short time.

Rat

They just put Tiger Catties on the Noxious list in Queensland.

You wouldn't believe the fine for owning or keeping them

"Tiger catfish are declared noxious in Queensland. It is illegal to possess, rear, sell or buy tiger catfish. Offenders face penalties up to $150 000. Tiger catfish are have not established in Australia."

blush.gif

I'd assume it isn't a specific species ban. They're not going to take a second look to see if it's a tigrinus or TSN, before killing it and the rest of the fish in your fishroom and handing out the fine.

Well I guess I will just have to get saving and change my location to further south :p

I'd assume it isn't a specific species ban. They're not going to take a second look to see if it's a tigrinus or TSN

That just seems idiotic, I mean if they wanted to be reall a$$holes then any bottom dellwer with stipes could be taken as a 'Tiger catfish"

They just put Tiger Catties on the Noxious list in Queensland.

You wouldn't believe the fine for owning or keeping them

"Tiger catfish are declared noxious in Queensland.  It is illegal to possess, rear, sell or buy tiger catfish. Offenders face penalties up to $150 000. Tiger catfish are have not established in Australia."

blush.gif

Its Tiger Shovelnose catfish that are noxious in Qld and only one of the species listed Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum which is in fact a false Tiger Shovelnose catfish. The Qld legislation is specific as to the species.

Tahsan,

On looking into the Qld Gov site, you are right. Was just going a general fishing web site.

How ever I would not put anything like a tiger cat to the test here in Qld. DPI & F are pretty savage. Don't dare own a goldfish with whiskers or any sort of tilapia and get caught!!!!!!! Cost a tourist resort near 1/2 million $$$ for having tilapia of unknown species in a pond on the golf course. Fine and cost of erradication.

Alan.

Archived