new tank

Peter_Gun_Riff

im going mad without a tank ATM but i know i dont have the time to set up a big bugger again so ive decided to set up a 2fter with tangs id say i knew i said i would never keep them but ive been checking them out lately and i like the shellies very muchly

just wondering what would be the PERFECT tank for a standard 2fter i want colour and attitude but also somthing that can go without a water change every week if im flat chat(even though finding time to do a little water change isnt hard)

cheers raisehand.gif

I think multies would be the best to go, easy to find and easy to keep/breed. Even if you get a pair you will soon be the proud owner of a lot of fry and since the parents and siblings don't eat each other maintenance can be kept low. They may not be the most colourful fish but you can throw in acouple plants in there to brighten up the look of the tank. If you dont like multies then try some gold or black occies.

HTH

Richard

hey richard, how do you keep plants with multies? the only plants i successfully kept with mine was duckweed, everything else got buried or constantly unearthed.

How about a breeding pair multies at one end and a limestone tower at the other with a pair of small type julidochromis.

Bob

For plants, just keep anubias and java fern, you can attach them to rocks so you dont have to worry about the excavating antics of your tank's residents laugh.gif

I wouldn't recomend keeping juli's and multi's together either, when the juli's breed they will hammer the little multi's. My pair of juli's bred in a 3ft and killed 2 electric yellows that were in with them. The rest of the yellows cowered in an upper corner sad.gif .

If you're only going to set up a 2ft, go occies: they are an awesome fish thumb.gif

Archived