Tropheus

gswalker

Yes i have finally decided to go for these nice fish and give the Americans a break for a bit, now i have a spare 4x2x2 now the questions i want to ask are, Gravel or no gravel? i have two smallish rock formations on either side of the tank and leaving the middle free, this good? how much filtration do i need? more than normal? what do you normally check for ?ph??gh kh etc?

any ideas would be great

gs, I'm very happy you are cleaning you tank out for the tropheus.

Your heckelli are looking great in my tank and eating like piraña, didn't you ever feed them! smile.gif

I hope the tropheus work out. I'd like them myself except my wife has limited me to 3 tanks and I had to empty the bathtub.

HOB - hang on back filter like an aquaclear! U can probably be ok with one canister filter but will u risk that on your tropheus? As long as u keep regular water changes. Measure the nitrate levels before each water change, if it is too high then u need more filtration.

Mianos....i can't believe u are a mod for a fish forum and u let your wife limit u to 3 tanks!!! shock.gifLOL.gif U should go for a tropheus tank if u really like them! thumb.gif

Archived